Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Letters From a Revivalist
http://www.thesentones.org/

Today was a good break for me. I have not preached as much as I would have liked at this point of the year. Rhonda and I resigned from River of Life Church, November of 2006. By the end of 2007 I had preached over 206 times. I was only at home 2.5 months last year.
This year I have preached 40 times and wanting more. It is amazing how ones calling drives them. I honestly know what the writer meant when he said, "I'd rather spend one day in His courts than thousands elsewhere."

God has blessed us greatly this year. We have been praying for a diesel truck and Rhonda wanted RED. I had a preacher friend take me to a car auction and I bid on a RED Ford F-250 and I won the bid. Rhonda was so happy it was RED.

The Red blood of Jesus Ford F-250.

Today I spent some time in the Word. I try to spend time in the Bible without looking for a sermon. I am on a 365 day Bible reading program.

I am getting ready to start our Gospel Tent season. I am also getting the RV ready for the road again. We try to keep it prepared at all times but there is a little work I have to do. I have had two blowouts in the past 4 months and both were on the same side and it took off the tire guards on the camper.


Tent Revival - Tahlequah, OK - July 2007


Apparently it had happend before because the other side is the same way. I told Rhonda at least they match. It did not enthuse her to say the least.

I also checked out some prices to fly to Uganda and Kenya Africa. This will be my third trip and I can't wait. My budget will triple this year because of all I will be doing. I will be holding at least 4 pastor conferences and several outside crusades.

Outdoor Crusade - Kagoma, Uganda


Most of the offerings that come in from this point will go towards the Africa Mission trip. My family goes without so others can recieve. I do appreciate their commitment to the call of God in my life. I know there is coming a day where it wont be so difficult to raise monies for Uganda.

The last thing I want to share is the frustration that I have faced today. I was suppose to start recording my new singing CD project, "Preach the Word." Unfortunatley I cannot get my laptop to work. It is very frustrating. The basic problem is I cant get the Tascam to work with the program that came with the Tascam. Tomorrow I will make a trip to Radio Shack. I wish they were open 24 hours I would have already got it done.

Revivalist TJ Tipton









No comments: