Sunday, March 23, 2008

Letters From a Revivalist

Resurrection Sunday

Colton Faith Rebekah

I have never been much of a morning person because I love staying up in the wee hours of the morning working, praying, reading the Bible. preparing sermons and yes sometimes watching a good western.

Today was no different. I think when the alarm went off at 8:00 am I had been in bed about 3 hours. So the rush is on to get the triplets ready and then Rhonda and I take the rest of the time getting ourselves ready.

We have had a good revival at the Country Church. We have so many friends and family when we go there. Every service was filled with the love of Christ and the power of the Holy Ghost.

This morning I preached on the Power of the Ressurection. In short, the same overcoming power that raised Christ from the dead is still availabel to the Church today to overcome problems in every day life.
There were several there that had not been in church for years. When I gave the invitation to ask the Father for His help and to draw closer to Him at least 8 hands went up.
One never knows the eternal outcome by preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ. What a privelage it is to get to preach the cross.
After services today we did the normal Easter dinner and the hunting of eggs with the triplets.
I made a few phone calls and we are planning for a tent revival in Spiro, OK in the middle of April. I am also getting ready for a friends camp meeting in Fort Smith, AR. This camp meeting is a powerful and prophetic meeting. People will come from all over the world. My friend Bobby Hogan has two every year. I will be preaching at the summer camp meeting, fourth of July weekend.
Tomorrow I will be going into the studio to start working on a new singing CD project, I am calling, "Preach the Word." I am also hoping to finish this week my new book, "When Faith touches the Anointing."
Revivalist TJ Tipton

No comments: