Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Letters From a Revivalist


This is the day that the Lord has made I will rejoice and be glad in it. No matter how your day goes it is still the day that the Lord has made. I dreamed all night of wires I would need to make my Tascam US 122-L to work. What a miserable night!




They also sent a recording software Cubase. IT WILL NOT WORK. The advertisement said just hook it up and you have sound. RIGHT! Any ways I have messed with it most of the day and it does not work. I even tried to load the software into another computer that I have. That was even a bigger mess. I am praying that someone reads this can help me.


I am also in the process of sending out my monthly newsletter. We send out about 70 covenant partner letters. We love and appreciate our partners. They are very dear to Rhonda and I. I try to get them out by the 25th of each month and I am late this month. I will have them in the mail box by tomorrow evening.

I am becoming very excited about the tent meetings. I love preaching under the tent. The tent is a 40X40 it is not a huge tent but I have seen 60X120's with only 20 people in them and the preacher would start lowering the tent curtains so you couldnt see how few of people were under his tent.

If you have a low turnout in my tent it still looks good. (laugh out loud) We are wanting to purchase a 49X70. The amount to purchase a new one is about $6500.00 and that would be about half of my African mission trip. I guess I will hold off. I know that God is going to help us.

I know He has certian people that can take care of most of our ministry needs. I got a confirmation on some land today in Tahlequah, OK. We are planning on being there in June. We had a great tent revival there last year. Barry and Sandra Tucker helped us with the music and we usually had around 50 people a night with sometimes more.

I am also praying that God will move on a company or a person to give us a gas card. Fuel is becoming a burden to many ministries. I have a friend who is also a revivalist and in his last newsletter I got from him, he was stating that unless God intervenes he was not going to be able to continue what he is doing for the kingdom of God. He just could not continue to afford the price of gas.

Praise God for his power to overcome. Many are the afflictions of the righteous but God delivers them from them all.

Revivalist TJ Tipton

No comments: